Thursday, December 18, 2008

Show me the Money Honey...

Usually there isn't any money in my wallet (a sad story I know) but you've still gotta put all those credit cards, CVS cards, and business cards (don't forget cat food coupons) somewhere. For years I carried around a big thick tri-fold wallet (because it's what my Dad did) but as I grew older, I saw the problem with this wallet that was obviously created by the straight man (all functionality, no design quality or practicality), not to mention the bulk and the ability to shove in as many receipts as possible (throw them away, you don't need them). So I switched to a different kind of wallet, you may know it as "The Magic Wallet"
I buy my "Magic Wallets" at JCrew (well JCrew outlet, let's be honest). The real "technology" of it all (and I use that word loosly) is the bands of elastic inside. You fold up your cash, coupons, and other whatnot's (I'm on a roll with today), place them on one side of the wallet, flip open the other side and WHAM! It's magically under those elastic straps (ahhh thats why they call it a Magic Wallet... more coffee please). JCrew makes them in tons of really cute preppy patterns and styles, my current wallet is yellow and blue silk (a tie remnent I'm assuming) and it's damn cute.

JCrew has solid leather ones on their site for $29.50 (with free shipping today)
My suggestion? Head to the JCrew outlet. They're usually between $10 & $20 and come in a lot more patterns and colors.

It's My Signature. Love it, or Hate Me

No comments:

 

web statistics