Monday, January 5, 2009

It's been a while... I know I shouldn't have kept you waiting...

But I'm here now. Christmas break is OVA! It's back to the old grind and man, does it suck. But here's to a Happy, Healthy, Date-filled 2009 with TONS of new favorite things.

Over Christmas I saw tons of things that I thought "oooo put them on the blog!" but now of course, I can't remember a single one. So I'll go with one of the gifts I got/gave. Let's be honest I suck at growing things (except my waistline) so when I got a gift set of flower bulbs, dirt, and a pot, I was skeptical for sure. Turns out, they bloom quickly and the package promises me they'll look beautiful too! (If the cat doesn't get at them first)The version I received is similar to this one shown above with 4 Paper White bulbs, enough potting soil to start my own commune garden (ala Sister Act), and a very cute pewtered pot. The one I'm showing is available via Amazon.com, but the one I received came from Target (my FAVORITE). It's a great gift to give a neighbor to say "thanks for watering my plants/feeding my cat/getting my mail" or for a sick neighbor or friend to say "hey, at least SOMETHING'S healthy" or as a hostess gift (that was my best Rachael Ray impression)

Paperwhite Bulbs complete with soil and bowl is available at Amazon.com for $17.95
Let me know how your's grow!





No comments:

 

web statistics