Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What's not Breakfast, but Isn't Lunch, and CERTAINLY not dinner?

BRUNCH! Being a snotty kid who grew up in Connecticut, Brunch was a part of every weekend. Whether it was after church when we were kids (yes thats right... I went to church) or on a Holiday (Easter, Mother's Day... crap even flag day) we were at brunch. Scoff if you must, but I LOVE brunch. It's perfect for Saturday or Sunday's when you wake up late, and just don't know what to have. So I've complied a list of my FAVORITE brunch spots in Boston:

Aquitaine
569 Tremont Street, Boston's South End
Saturday Morning they have a prix fixe brunch for $10! It comes with a cinnamon bun, 3 choices of meal, toast, hashbrowns, and bottomless coffee & juice. Meals (ala carte) are usually around $10, so this deal is amazing.

Sunset Grill/Cantina
130 Brighton Ave Allston & 916 Comm. Ave Brookline

Old faithful. Me and the roomies LOVE Sunset (almost too much) and it's my favorite spot for a first date (it's a crowd pleaser) The best part about Sunset's brunch is that it comes with a FREE Mimosa or Bloody Mary. You can find me wherever there's free alcohol, especially before noon.

Trident Cafe & Booksellers
338 Newbury Street Boston. (Near Hynes)

The lemon & raspberry filled french toast is amazing. Although we've had some pretty horrible service here over the years, it's still on my list of most delic places... and cheap too!

Stephanie's on Newbury
190 Newbury Street, Boston

This is the place to bring mom/dad/grandparents to brunch when they're in town. Stephanie's is know as THE place on Newbury to go (take that Sonsie) and I met Mark Sommers here a few years ago (Shane, you still owe me $50 from that night)

My Brunch Picks. Love Them, or Hate Me.

No comments:

 

web statistics