Monday, January 12, 2009

Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat....

blah blah blah... it's about the post office, you get where I'm going with this one. I ship lots of stuff out, one of the big reasons is that my best friend (LOVE YOU BANANA!) lives way down in dirrty Jerzey, and that Ebay "business" I've got going on the side (shhhh). So in order to get stuff to her (an obnoxious amount of journals each year) I've got to ship them. There's tons of options when your shipping, FedEx, UPS, and the now defunct DHL (thank God). But my shipper of choice is the good old fashion Pony Express... The United States Postal Service or USPS


Now I know USPS gets a bad wrap when it comes to shipping, gurenteed arrival, and handling, however economically speaking (we po 'yo), it's the best choice. I use their Click-N-Ship system. It's super easy. Just input your location , the destination, and the approximate weight of the package. Then USPS.com will generate the cost of each mailing option for you (Because I don't do math on my own)! I generally use standard parcel post, this option allows you to ship your item in any kind of packaging. No need to buy anything extra. It's got options for Insurance, Delivery Confirmation, and a host of other add on's.
The best part is the shipping label generates right from your computer's printer!! Slap it on the box and leave it for the post man (Mr. McFeely?) and he'll scoop it up and drop it where it needs to go. Done and Done.

Send me something!! Use USPS Click-N-Ship
Shipping usually cost around $6 for a standard package!

No comments:

 

web statistics